Increasing batch run throughput

Hint: I have noticed that running a single instance of the Conversion validation runs on a Windows box results in massive under-utilisation of CPU, RAM and I/O.

My recommendation is that all runs of these jobs be run in threaded mode (I tend to start with 2 threads per CPU and assess the performance from that point).

Some work has been done on rewriting the batch submission scripts for both Unix and Windows to support easier multi-thread submission and the auto-processing of batch parameters. Let me know if you would like more info.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Stu,

May I have more information on this?

Thanks,
Joaquin
Stuart Ramage said…
hi Joaquin,

the new shared threadpool methods and the associated submitJob scripts support the ability to submit a multi-threaded instance via a single submitJob script execution (by specifiying ThreadNbr 0 and Max Threads as a value > 1.

These new scripts also support the creation of .properties files for each batch and at the global level, which reduces the amount of manual entry for these parameters.

I recommend scanning through http://support.oracle.com for the new batch submission patch for your specific version of FW/CC&B, the associated PFD should list the setup required to implement these submission methods.

Popular posts from this blog

Threading...

Tidy Balances.. I don't really hate it